Saturday, February 11, 2017

Rusty Bench

SOOOOOOOO I'm here! I made it! And luckily for me my first day was p-day!!!!! So for VC missions p-days are different cause you can't have all the sisters gone on Monday! So the p-days are split up and this so happens to be mine. 

So I love Independence! My area right now is the Independence Visitors' Center!! It's cold but so was Utah so, ain't nothin' changed! I'm honestly just in a numb faze right now that I just don't know what to say or do hahaa but I guess I can tell ya what happened on Saturday at Temple Square. We traveled on a train and experienced real life for the first time in a month! haha and it was cool! Sister Cooper and I went and talked to a man and his son.. I forgot his name but his sons name was Nelson, so we will just call him the Father of Nelson. And they were from Michigan, he had read the Book of Mormon before but lost it somewhere from moving to loads of different places! So sister Cooper bore her testimony on the Book of Mormon and offered it to him and he said yes! And that he'd read it! Now he's in the Lord's hands! I hope he does :)

So there was a fun story.. The rest was all a blur and still is a blur haha. We woke up at 2:00 a.m yesterday and traveled to L.A then traveled from L.A to Kansas City Missouri. And let me tell you how awkward I've been the past 24 hours around my Mission president Vest.... I fell over. a. lot. I ran into the garbage can that was full of old food, cans, cut up fruit and so much more things and it all went flying. The mission cook laughed but I think the sister Vest was like. Who the heck is this and why is she on a mission? hahaha because then I slightly screamed like an old man with my hands on my face and ears, and I started moaning, "Oooooh NOOOoooooo" Finally I helped and then when that escapade was over... It got worse.

We got pics with the pres. and sis. Vest by ourselves to hang on the mission office wall for 18 months.... So of course my body decided to be as awkward as possible! They put their arms around me and I awkwardly folded mine and smiled like (help me) yeah..... I'm something else... Also I fell over and tripped over EVERYTHING! hahaha yeah I think they like me... ?

But all awkwardness aside I love my President and his wife! I love my mission! I had to say goodbye to my dear sisters, Sister Cooper and Cammack, and I cried inside. But now I have a trainer! And she is literally all I prayed for in a trainer!!!!! She is really quirky like me and is so loving and passionate! She is a ball of sunshine and I love her! Her name is Sister Bench. So our companionship name is now Rusty Bench hence the name of this email. haha Not much has happened. I woke up, I showed up, and now I'm here writing emails. 

There is my email for this week. Sorry if it's scattered or random, I honestly am just half awake... So there is that. 

Anyways, I love you all! The church is true!!!

-Love Sister Rust


No comments:

Post a Comment