Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Book of Sister Rust

Chapter 8

1 And now behold in the first year of the reign of Trump there did arise a great multitude in the land of North Kansas City ward, therefore many strangers did gather together on the Sunday from all other lands northward and lands westward. For they did gather in the land to hear the records of their fathers that had suffered many sore afflictions in the land.
2 And it came to pass that I, Sister Rust, gloried in the land of Liberty for many days; and I did cry unto the Lord and I did fast and pray oft. Wherefore Sister Bishop and I had wrought many mighty miracles in the land and did glorify God!
3 Yea I say unto you that we had sought to teach Erin, and had turned unto her and said; what is Faith? Erin said: I knoweth not. 
4 I answered unto her saying: doest thou not know that God is thy Father? She answered again saying: I knoweth not
5 This did trouble our hearts and we did pray to the Lord in our hearts of what we should say; and the voice of the Lord did speak unto our minds and we did speak through the power of the Lord. And behold the spirit of the Lord did speak unto her heart and her heart softened to the words we did speak. 
6 Wherefore we did wax strong! For behold at the time we did eat we did teach and preach of this Holy Spirit to Ruby who is from the isles of the sea that is called Jamaica. And she is what many missionaries call, an eternegator. But as we proclaimed the word of God her heart was also softened, and behold we did rejoice in the love of Christ. 
7 And behold I am weak in writing and in expressing the desires of my heart; but this I do know that we had seen the light of Christ make manifest in their hearts! Oh how great is my calling! And I do rejoice in my God, for I know that he is aware of all our sufferings and many afflictions. And when our hearts are depressed the Lord comforts us in all of our afflictions.
8 And now it came to pass in the commencement of the third day of the eight month in the first year of the reign of Trump, Sister Bishop did become sorely afflicted and ill, and in following obedience to the laws given by our President she did send an epistle unto him proclaiming of her illness. And yea he did say in that day: Would thou care for ice cream? And we did comply. And in that very same hour did President Love and Sister Love come unto us in our homestead and did give unto us cream and cookie ice cream. And we did rejoice and we did partake!
9 Now behold many callings did we receive at the Jail of Liberty, the first to make unto the eating place clean. And yea all the day long did we labor! For behold the fridge. It DID stinketh exceedingly. And behold we did make it clean and the spirit of the Lord did fill the hearts of those who remained, as prophets have said: cleanliness is next to Godliness! And behold they were right.
10 And it came to pass that in many other lands were people converted unto the Lord, and behold for a short time did Sister Bishop labor in these places. And now behold she did desire in her heart to witness those whom she had taught. For now they were ready to come unto the Lord and be baptized. And we did go! 
11 We did prepare a way with a member and she did take us unto the place where Sister Bishop had foreto taught; and yea, like unto the ancient prophet Noah, we did experience on our journey much rain and many floodings upon the land. Many gravel roads for which we did drift. And yea our member did perish in unbelief and did fear for our life. 
12 And behold we did comfort her in the words of the Lord saying, doest thou not know that our Lord God is with us? And she was comforted.
13 Many other things I have to say, but my thumbs do tireth and my time is short. I bid unto all those who do still bear with me and my writings, farewell. For I say unto you that this church is true and my heart does burn and swell with joy at this time. May we meet again in the house and kingdom of our Lord, until then Sisters and Bretheren farewell!
                                                           Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment