Thursday, August 3, 2017

A painting by Liz Lemon Swindle of Joseph Smith in Liberty Jail kneeling and looking upwards with tears running down his face.So, it's official, I am just too apostate (missionary lingo for disobedient) so I have been sentenced to missionary JAIL!! haha jk I am just livin' the dream since I have been transferred to the Historic Liberty Jail in Liberty Missouri!!!!!!! 


I love this place more than life itself! wow I have learned a lot here already! I think the biggest thing is how we all have our own kind of Liberty Jail, and that we ALL can overcome it! I am pretty new to the history here, and disclaimer to all of you, the visitors center sisters do NOT memorize! It is everything that we learn from our site guide and then the directors are like okey dokey go by what the spirit tells yah. and it freaks me out sometimes because it's hard not to go off of what you memorized but to literally trust in yourself and what the spirit tells you. But it has been so neat to see how the Lord has made me an instrument in His hands! I am pretty bad at this kind of stuff, but as the spirit has led me and the spirit has taught me of what I need to say at the times I feel completely lost!! I don't know these people who are coming in, I don't know what year the saints fled Far West or what person was the leader of the Ray County Militia, but I do know that our Savior Jesus Christ bled and died for our sins for our pains and because I know that we can do all things through Christ! in the name of Jesus Christ amen!
-But on another note..... Sister Bishop and I made a transfer goal of taking a legendary pic every week!! so.... this is it. Someone just left a washer outside of our apartment building next to the dumpster... so naturally...

-this family came into the JAIL. And perks of being a VC sister is the children that come in. This little girl (lainie) sat next to me and asked if she could read me a story, and so she went through 5 books and just made up the story from the pictures! Hahaha so cute!



I love you all!! Love Sister Rust

No comments:

Post a Comment