Thursday, August 3, 2017

Helping Hands

Soooooooo this week was so fun! Sister Cooper and I have gone all in and are applying a very special lesson we received in the MTC.... 6 weeks to Glory here we come!!!! (District 42D shout out)

Haha but anyways, this week there was a fun service project they do every summer here where we help the elementary schools shine.... so we painted THEM! It was so fun! And we got to wear Helping Hands vests!!!!!!! It is my life goal to own a Helping Hands shirt. It was the best day of all the days! And we met people who aren't members and were able to give a little light about the church for them :) 














Also I had such a neat experience last week on p day. We were on shift that evening and a big youth group came. And I gave a tour. And WOW! It was just so fun! I've done big tours like that before but the spirit was so strong and the youth were really receptive. And afterwards they all came up to me and said thank you and hahaha one boy (who was like 16) was like, are you aloud to give hugs? And I was like sadly no, but I'm aloud to hand hug.... hahaha it was weird, but ya' know...what I have learned in the vc is that I am already super awkward and awkward moments are inevitable, so might as well embrace them full force! Haha.  But seriously it was such a cool experience because these girls just asked me why I came on a mission and how they want to and how the tour I gave made them want to more. And I think I just really needed that. I mean who doesn't need that? It just felt good, to know that I was doing good.....

Ok this email is a ramble of all my emotions. But its alright, cause I'm pretty sure 10 people read it anyways... hahaha 

Anyways I know that Heavenly Father is always aware of our needs and sends tender mercies like that just to cheer us up. He's just so nice :) remember that though all of you!

I love you ALL!
Love Sister Rust!


No comments:

Post a Comment